Thursday, December 27, 2012

Prayer Requests 12/27/12


Dear Love in Action prayer team,

As 2012 draws to a close, I want to thank you all for being such an important part of this ministry! God knows us each so intimately, he knows the number of hairs on our heads. Yet many of our Thursday night guests feel invisible to the rest of us. Praying for someone by name or by specific need is a way to reflect the kind of individual concern and personal loving attention our Father shows us. That's what you do each week for our guests!

For those of us who have had the opportunity to physically hold the handwritten prayer requests each week, it feels like a sacred act. Our Father in heaven treasures every one of those little slips of paper and responds to each and every need, no matter how big or small. He knows the needs before they are written, and He calls us to lift them up to him, calls us to linger over them and extend ourselves in love toward those who have written them. He calls us to know each other by name, just as He knows us, and to see each other—finally—as He sees us.

As we begin 2013, I would ask you to prayerfully consider whether you feel called to take a larger role in our prayer team, even if for a season. We are seeking someone to type up the prayers each week after they have been collected so they can be distributed to the group by e-mail and blog. I will continue to handle the distribution, and you do not need to be able to attend our Thursday night meals to participate. Please let me know if you or someone you know feels called to this loving act, and please pray for this need to be met. We are certain our Father will lovingly respond!

As always, the prayer requests from last Thursday's Love in Action meal are below.

Again, many blessings for a happy and healthy new year!

In His Love,
Erika

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
Romans 12:12 (NLT)

-- Riley and Diana: Pray for us.
-- Sky: Pray for my friend Josh that he is safe out there wherever he is tonight and I see him soon and he is alright and that he knows that I love and miss him.
-- Salvado Adrian E.: For the sanction you all need to succeed to what you and we are.
-- Dear Lord, please help me get a beehives worth of blessings.
-- My name is Dewhyne. I need a job to take care of my family and my kids and my own place. Can you pray for me, please, to be a better man?
-- Michael G.: December 9th I had congestive heart failure and woke up on December 12th in trauma at Broward General. If it weren’t for my God, I wouldn’t be here!! Also I need pants size 32 waist and shirt L-XL badly.
-- Ellen: Harry and Kathy, best regards on positive chemo, my family and friends, all my love.
-- Lori S.: Asking prayer that I get my housing and my ID and everything back as I got my purse stolen Christmas Eve because I am able to get my money. It was SSI on credit card and I am getting a new card. Thank you.
-- God love Mary and Frank.
-- Eric J.: I want a tube for my bike.
-- Taylor J.: Small bike tube
-- James: I pray for love and understanding for God’s people.
-- Prayers for John, for safety living on the streets.
-- Pray and bless me and my family’s finances. Need help to guide me in the right direction. Peterson family, Husser family.
-- I want to have a job opening that I applied for to give me the position. Thank you.
-- Nepolius P.
-- Donald: I ask that you pray for my house and my girl. Thank you for the food and all the blessings. In Jesus name, Amen. Thank you Ps 128, Ps 37, Ps 100, Ps 23.
-- James G.
-- Pray for Heather's health, strength, soul and spirit. Also for a young lady who seems very troubled. I don’t know her name, but Jesus does. Thank you.
-- Darryl and Nikki: Pray for me and my husband that our New Year is as good as our last.
-- Reynold M.
-- Eugene B.: Ask Jesus to open the doors of opportunity for me and allow me to receive His blessings. Ask Jesus to bless me, my family, my girlfriend, the few friends I have and everyone in this world for good health, wisdom and to guide us in the right direction.
-- Nicole: Father, if it be Your will, may I have a financial breakthrough even now. I’m still believing for a security deposit to rent an apartment but now I need to stay in Florida until You heal my legs and strengthen my ankles, but be very gentle with me Father, because I’m a little delicate like a flower. I’m praying for Pam and her husband. Mr. Harry can not receive no spirit of cancer throughout his body because Jesus, You said and it is written no weapon formed against you shall prosper. So for Pam’s husband I’m standing in the gap for believing the spirit of cancer has no place in his body and that it has been immediately cursed at the root from forming and it spirit of cancer has to go now because Father you said speak to the mountain, in Jesus name, and the mountain shall obey you. Thank you Your grace. Thank you for Your faithfulness. Father bless the nation with only love not hate this season and then every other day. Stop all the wickedness, please. Now would be a perfect time. Lord, thank you for what You did for us on a cross. Thank you for dying for us so he didn’t have to. May the nation know what price You paid, and in full. Bless You, Lord, over and over. Amen.
-- God bless all the people that have and don’t help poor, rich, middle class innocent people. Better job for every man, woman, teenager, young, old, new middle.
-- I am Harold M. and asking for prayer that God help me with a job and a place to stay.
-- Josh: Please pray for Harry’s recovery. We need him on Thursdays.
-- Robert: Prayers for my family, brothers and sisters, for a job, place to live. Prayers for my ex-wife, Helen. Prayers for safety out on the street.
-- To all I loved and to all I will love, my family and friends. I hope for peace and joy.
-- God’s grace & mercy upon the poor, hungry and homeless (especially children). Bring jobs back to the US for US citizens. Pray for social and economic justice, affordable housing for the working poor and jobs with a living wage so people can make a decent go of it and have a fighting chance. Mercy, grace, reconciliation and reparation for those who have been slandered and/or labeled. For people to pray the rosary for peace, prayer and fasting to prevent wars, please, thank you. For women to choose life and end the killing of little babies. All life is sacred and precious. Rules, policies and laws from government and corporate America that are dignified for the working poor, unemployed and homeless and with compassion. If we desire respect for the law…we must first make the law respectable (Louis Brandeis). Please and thank you.
-- Victor D.: Please God, help me with my unemployment application with the State of Florida.
-- Rachel: Please pray for housing and food supplies. Thank you.
-- Lord, as you say seed on fertile soil, may we serve as fertilizer for fig tree for 3 years. Oh Root of Jesse (Nazarene)
-- For the leaders of this feeding movement that empower those that assault and rob the homeless without challenge.
-- Pray, please, about Ralph’s health and Keti’s health and problems many.
-- Errol W.: Blessed with good health and have good life and for all my children and friends, bless their life. My friend Victoria to be happy in her life and to be blessed. Thank you.
-- Randy J.: I wish everything to be better in the New Year. Need my ID please.
-- Pray for Ty-keia, Ty-shountis, Ty-quantis, Johnice and all family. For Brian G., that he may become the very man whom God, in Jesus name, has made them to be.
-- Pray for friends, family and blessings. Pray for health, peace and continued love.
-- My mother, Mrs. Edmonia P., is in need for intercessory prayer for healing miracle.
-- Sean: Pray for good people that push me to succeed and thrive. Money and everything I need to live well. Overcome food addiction. World peace.
-- First of all, I want to thank God for sending His Son in the world to die for all of our sins, and I pray that all of us will learn to love one another as God has loved us.
-- Anthony R.L.N.: Prayers for the volunteers who come out to feed everyone Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at the churches. May the love they give be returned prosperously 10 times. Prayers for the church groups who come out to feed the homeless – may their love and generosity be returned to them 10 times. Prayers for the City Commission of Fort Lauderdale, that they grow a heart, a soul, and a conscience in how they interact with the homeless in Fort Lauderdale. Prayers for the Broward County Commission, that their collective greed is replaced with an insatiable thirst to grow in your love. Prayers for the people of Florida in that they wake up from this nightmare we have in the Governor’s Mansion and replace him with someone whose compassion, spirit and heart are as overflowing as yours, Lord. Prayers for President Obama, that he doesn’t cave in on the talks for the fiscal cliff or the debt relief ceiling and that he keeps his promises to protect the poor and middle class. Prayers for the families of the firefighters shot to death in New York for responding to a fire. May they feel Your love and grace and comfort as they grieve. Prayers for the families of Newton, CT. in that their grief lessons daily in the knowledge their loved ones are home with Your Child, Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Prayers for my deceased mom, Barbara G., grandmother, Helen G., cousin, Joann G., aunt, Mary R., and all family members I’ve lost. May they be resting peacefully and prospering in Your love and grace. Prayers for my sister, Jackie T.H., her husband, Perry and their 3 children, CJ, Teresa and Matthew. May they prosper in Your love and wealth always. Prayer requests for my children Anthony Thomas N., Alexis Brooke N., and Nickolas N. May they find forgiveness for my not being part of their lives enough to come seek me out so they can learn the truth. Prayers for all the men and women in our Armed Forces that they are safe, protected and come home with no scars, be they physical, mental, emotional or spiritual and that they can get the help they need when they return. And that Your love can help them heal. Prayers for all veterans who are suffering and need help. May they grow closer to You and Your love to open up and heal. Prayers for the homeless who need help but have no available shelter to get to. May Your love keep them safe, warm and alive with Your grace and love. Prayers for Lilia, the love of my life. May she be safe, happy and comfortable in my love and guided by Your love and grace to a happier life with me and her son, and the family we will have together. Prayers for myself, Anthony Richard Louis N., that everything works out for me through Your love and guidance with the VA and that I get my arrest expunged so there are no roadblocks to my being with Lilia for the happiness You have shown me with her love. Thank you, Lord, for all You have done for me and all that You will do and I apologize that I haven’t thanked You enough. I pray for better physical, mental and spiritual health to get me through my tribulations.
-- Please pray for Harry and Kathy for complete healing and for their families and their struggles to see their loved ones suffering.
-- For our friend Randy
-- For the health and healing of Sister Pat, Gypsy.
-- For Dave's killer to be found, brought to justice, and made whole. For Detective Torres to continue the search.
-- For Bianca and her family.
-- For Lennox, Wolf, Smitty, L.C., Jamalle, Tino, Richard, Kevin, Lori, Kayla and Lorenzo, Lou, Jon K., April, Erika, Pery.
-- For Wendy, Peanut, Shy’ann & Kamaurry
-- For Charlotte, Ed, Jacques, Robert, Brad, Lance, Kelly, Shante, Shamona, Randy, Richie, Roger, Scott, Tony, Keith, Gary, Steve, Dennis, Brieanna, Carl, Rocky, Red, Johnny, Angel, Brian.
-- For neglected and abused animals and their caregivers.
-- For all of LIA's volunteers; help us be quick to listen, slow to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment