Saturday, June 19, 2010

Prayer Requests 6/17/10

The prayer requests from this week's Love in Action feeding are included below. This week someone wrapped two dollar bills inside a prayer request slip and placed them in the bag with the prayers. These offerings have been occurring more and more regularly, and it is humbling ....

Last Thursday, our good friend Carl Thomas "Tommy" Farley died. Tommy was known as Bunkie to his family, and he died of throat cancer at age 62 at Broward General Hospital. Tommy worked the front door for us on Thursdays, and in his earlier life in NYC in the '70s, he cut hair for a variety of celebrities. He cut hair for us, too, when we needed him — in addition to playing the piano and getting us to sing along. I included a photo of him from the days before the streets, when he was still a stickball champion and a pool shark. The little boy in this picture is "Bunkie's" nephew, also named Tom, who back then called his uncle "Uncle Monkey." We thank God for Tommy's life and for his friendship, and pray that he is at peace now and out of pain.

Thank you for praying for this ministry! These beautiful people often live lives on the margins and in the gaps. But God has no margins! In fact, He knows the number of hairs on their heads. He knows the number on yours and mine, too.
Blessings,
Erika

Carl Thomas Farley, 1947 - 2010

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31

-- Healing for Scott.
-- Randy B.
-- Bilal and Anna: Good health, mind, rooted in God's word, healthy baby. Parents stay in good health, with long peaceful life.
-- Kelly's complete and total healing, seizureless! The rest of the world, understanding and love!
-- Praying for a better life. Thanking God for seeing me from day to day.
-- Please pray for my mom and family, as my younger brother passed suddenly. Thanks, Stan
-- Pray for me to find a job and a place to live.
-- Charlotte: Please pray for my safety.
-- Kenneth B.: The Holy Spirit in my life, with the Almighty's love, grace, and mercy continually bestowed upon me.
-- Bilal W.: Thankfulness in all things and being loyal to God's Word/Law.
-- I pray for my fiance. Help.
-- Bob: Need help to find a good roommate.
-- Bill T.: Health, job, love.
-- Edward H.: Money for tag, title, insurance and driver's license for my van and money for tools to work. I pray for people who are helping others. I pray for God's love and power and Holy Spirit. I pray for the homeless and those in need and those to help others. I ask prayer for those who serve.
-- David G.: Strength and closeness with the Almighty.
-- Pray for my mother and her two dogs.
-- Joseph C.: Cure his illness, let him be at peace with any outcome and know he is loved by God and me.
-- Caroline and Charlie: Employment, someplace to live, a closer relationship with the Lord. Thank you.
-- Yes, I want my mother stronger in faith.
-- James M.: I have to go in the hospital.
-- Luis V.:Gracias! Por mi salud, para trabajo, y para mi familia en cuba. (Thank you. For my health, to work, and for my family in Cuba.)
-- My name is Ronald F. That I get stronger in faith.
-- Katherine T.: Special prayer for destroying demons of drugs and alcohol. And a relationship with the Almighty.
-- Prayer for my mother. She is sick.
-- Derwin: God knows.
-- Lord, please keep blessing me!
-- Tony H.: Restore my life, family, friends.
-- Rufus L.W.: Prayer me.
-- Get a job, high-paying.
-- God, I pray that Zac and Dread will find their way back into 1-Way Crew and we perform miracle and achieve our ultimate goal.
-- David S.: I need a miracle. Anything will do.
-- Please pray for immigration reform, our brothers/sisters.
-- God bless you all. Please, I ask and request that you pray for my health and for our country, also pray for my family.
-- Pray for me (Bruce) to get out of this mess.
-- Frank L.M., Jarrell, for the Father, mercy, grace and loving kingship, Rev. 2:7-11, 3:21, 21:7, 2 John 5:4. The power to overcome.
-- My name is Lakesia B. and I'm asking you to pray for me and my family. Me, so that I stay clean from drugs and get my kids. Thanks.
-- Tony: Thank God for giving us this food.
-- Dear Lord Jesus, please show me the way off of this homeless train! Show me how to give and prosper, your way! Show me how to be a blessing to others, provide for my family and friends, and share your love and joy with those less fortunate than I. Thank you for your Grace. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
-- Don't call Richard again.
-- James A.: "As a man thinketh"
-- Eric C.: I need my relationship with God restored.
-- James G.

No comments:

Post a Comment