Friday, August 19, 2011

Prayer Requests 8/18/11

The prayer requests from this week's Love in Action feeding are below. Thank you for keeping this ministry and its guests in your prayers.

This week, a long-time guest of this ministry died. We knew him as Leon Williams, but he also went by the name "Frog." Maybe you recall his prayers; we prayed for him many times over the years, often for his appetite to improve. Unfortunately, Leon's death didn't come as a surprise to those who cared about him—he'd been sick for a long time and wasn't able to take care of his health—but as the news of his passing spread by word-of-mouth, his friends cried.

Leon had been a light welterweight boxer in the late 1970s and early '80s, and he still moved like a boxer, very quick on his feet. When you saw him on Broward Boulevard, he was usually carrying 3 or 4 bags and was always in a hurry. He was loud and funny, with nicknames for everyone .... "Britney Spears," "Dolly Parton." He was even louder when he had his headphones on and tried to talk over his music :) Last night his friend Tony told me, "Frog had a 140-pound body and an 800-pound mouth!" Very true.

According to Tony, Leon didn't have any family to speak of. His death will not appear in the newspaper. There will not be an obituary or a funeral. Last night and today, I've spent a lot of time thinking about Leon, wishing to honor his life and mark his passing. Leon mattered to God, and he matters to us.

Please pray for Leon, and all the other "Leons" who died on the streets this week without any fanfare. Pray for Leon's friends and those who loved him. And pray that Leon's death will cause us to reach out for God in the midst of the senseless suffering here on earth. When we reach out, we will find God there.
Blessings,
Erika

The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else .... God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.
Acts 17: 24-25, 27

-- For Dave's killer to be found, brought to justice, and made whole. Thank you, Lord, for Dave's life!
-- For Leon/Frog and the people who loved him.
-- For Jimmy
-- For Bianca and her family
-- Wendy, Peanut, Shy’ann & Kamaurry
-- For Charlotte, Ed, Jacques, Robert, Brad, Lance, Kelly, Shante, Shamona, Randy, Richie, Roger, Scott, Tino, Tony, Keith, Smitty, Steve, Dennis, Brieanna, Willie Mae, Carl, Kayla, Lorenzo, Lennox, Rocky, Red, Johnny.
-- For neglected and abused animals and their caregivers.
-- For the well-being of all of LIA's volunteers
-- Don and Amy: I pray every night my wife's mom beats her cancer.
-- Spiritual solidarity in America first, then the world under Christ.
-- For Vincent R., for everybody.
-- My mom and family I left with no contact, and the boyfriend that left me stuck here on my own.
-- Troy: A prayer of thanksgiving! I have a good job and a place to stay!!!
-- Brianna
-- Wanda F.: I need help to take to every person on the line, God. Amen
-- Paul: The devil is working over-time. Just keep me strong.
-- Pray for my family's safety and my health to stay good and my boyfriend stays out of trouble.
-- Don W.: Employment, chance to volunteer services also.
-- Pray for my daughters Annabel and Juliet, son Andrew, and their health.
-- Gerald M.: All prayer. Need it bad.
-- Peaches: Home to stay. Family.
-- Vale: Good luck in court, God. Bless you, I love you.
-- May Lindsay and Ali Lohan make much happier music videos. They're gorgeous!
-- Aaron W.: Healing prayer
-- Robert N.: For my sister.
-- I will like for God to bless my family, and me and Vale to be together and have a place of our own. And love you, mother, in heaven.
-- MMM (this is my signature) aka Scann: Praying always that we allow the tares (weeds) to grow with the wheat. Amen
-- Pray for thine self.
-- Family, friends
-- Victor M. D.
-- Prayer request for people of this church. Many blessings for them.
-- Elvis F.: More work for me and my cousin Frank; keep us working together. May God bless me and my family and for me to stay safe and out of trouble and jail.
-- Sandy: Dear Jesus, thank you for your blessings. I pray that Anton's mail comes tomorrow and also I make it to social security tomorrow. Thank you, Jesus.
-- Rafael L. G.: I need help. Amen
-- Joe: I would like to say a prayer for everyone that has a part in this feeding. Thank you.
-- Reynold O.
-- Pamela C.: Breast cancer
-- Pray that I get work and everything works out for me with my social security. And for everybody that provides the meal.
-- Willie A.: For a better life, job and a place to stay!
-- Debra and Ronnie ask for God's blessing! Financial needs and jobs needed, praise God!!
-- Bless every one, pray for every one.
-- Please pray for Randy W., who has colon cancer. He's 32 yrs. old.
-- Help me save my storage from going to auction!
-- Genia and Gary: Please help me feel better and kick this sinus infection before it gets worse! Help us help ourselves and Steph and Ryan and Ashley and James and Marley.
-- John H.: Can you pray for a friend Jimmy, his leg keeps giving him problems. Also a friend that is having a hard time trying to stop drinking. Also mother with diabetes and still drinks. Also pray that my muscle spasms stop and the back pain gets better.
-- Pray for Rachel and Clarence, who need help badly.
-- Randy G.: I pray for money.
-- Carl: A job and a home.
-- God's protection, love, care for others.
-- Dave: Please pray for me when my heart was hard in December when my wife passed away. Then I got rid of my three dogs. I was married 19 years. One dog for 16 years, one for 15 and one for 2. It was a rough battle for two years. I knew Jesus, then I went cold.
-- For Mackenay J.: Please, God, I want jobs.
-- Thank you for the free power cord and the generosity of the Apple store (and this meal!)
-- Pam and Theo P. and Paula W.
-- Gary and Genia: Lord Jesus, we come to you with something heavy on our hearts. My son Ryan D. (help us please) is in a little to large situation in jail. Gangs trying to take him out. I ask you to step in and save my son Ryan.
-- Nico E.: Strength and wisdom. Also patience.
-- Tony V. L.: Please pray for Grant and family. Father, mother, sister, nephew, niece, uncle and aunt, all family members. Special prayer for my kids Domique, Vincent, and Tony. Also their mother. All family members, all church people, New Hope, Calvary, Tracey, Ms. Mitchel in China. Also Roy, Bob, all their kids going to college. Meatloaf, His Walk, also Sandy, her mom Winnie, Me and John and carpet cleaning business.
-- Bob: My mom and dad are 81 and 82 and they are not doing very well. I am having a hard time paying all my bills.
-- Please include my great-grandmother Sarah in your prayers for her wellness and continued good health, as she is 100 years old and a devoted Christian with First Baptist.
-- Patrick: Keep negative people away from my place. See me through my upcoming court date.
-- For Georgia T.
-- Amy M. L.: I pray my mommy Helena A. L. doesn't get sick and stays healthy. I love you, mom.
-- Jim P.: My death or life. For my death or recovery.
-- I would like to receive the Holy Spirit and the evidence of talking in tongues, miracles, casting out demons, healing the sick. Thank you.
-- Michael and Shamona: I would like for you to pray for my family and friends. Thank you.
-- Thank you, God, for raining your blessings down on me at an attempt to keep doing the right thing. Thank you, Jesus.
-- Sufern B.: All of the above. Don't want to be homeless.
-- My name is Melvin. I need prayer. I am in bad, living on the streets. Please pray that I may find some place to live.
-- Trey, Rebecca, Alecia, Nicholas, and everyone in this world. Also the Langley family, the Bennette family, the Handy family. Thanks!
-- God love Mary and Frank.
-- Please pray for my boyfriend Christopher, who's recovering from a bad accident on May 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment