Friday, February 5, 2010

Prayer Requests 2/4/10

Below are the prayer requests from last night's Love in Action feeding.

Last night, someone asked for a prayer for "the things I can't pray for." Sometimes a prayer request speaks to me, and this one did. I wonder, what are the things this person can't pray for? Is he afraid to ask because he thinks he doesn't deserve it, or is it just that he doesn't know what to ask for? Or is he ashamed of the thing he needs?

Sometimes it's so hard to know what to pray for. When in doubt, I ask the Holy Spirit to guide my prayers and to align them with His plan.

This is the prayer request I would make for the Love in Action ministry: that our actions be aligned with His will. Thank you for your prayers on behalf of all those who so need them.
Blessings,
Erika

Here's the story I'll tell my friends when they come to worship,
and punctuate it with Hallelujahs:
Shout Hallelujah, you God-worshipers;
give glory, you sons of Jacob;
adore him, you daughters of Israel.
He has never let you down,
never looked the other way
when you were being kicked around.
He has never wandered off to do his own thing;
he has been right there, listening.

Psalm 22:22-24


-- Praise report: Thank you, Father, for Kenneth's sobriety! This Sunday he is celebrating 5 years clean.
-- For Gypsy, our wonderful LIA volunteer who had his bag, containing all of his important documents, destroyed by a lawn crew last week. Inside were his trapping license, hunting permits, etc. that allowed him to work on crews in the Everglades. Without those documents, he is unable to work and has been unable to find other short-term sources of income. Gypsy is feeling very hopeless, like the rug got pulled out from under him. He is trying hard not to give in to temptation.
-- For Scott, who needs wisdom about how to best treat his cancer and eye infection. He needs healing.
-- I pray my colonoscopy goes well!
-- Robert S.: God bless Erika and her family.
-- Please pray that Dino gets off drugs and lives a successful life.
-- Prayer for Julie M., my son Markzavious Jr., my son Omar, my daughter Erica, and all my family! Along with my brothers and sistas who are homeless!
-- Earl F.
-- Bless all pets small and great. Keep them secure and feed and no harm.
-- Complete deliverance for the right employment, place to live, work for God, success in school, family and safety. Bless others. Thank you, Lord.
-- Pray for my mom, grandmother, grandfather, family, our country, earth.
-- Kevin T.: For continued prayer and perseverance in my everyday life.
-- Marvin, 56 years old, very disappointed with his life, mad at God. He was saved as a young boy.
-- Faith, 22, and Elijah, 1 year old, for God's protection/blessing and God's will in their lives.
-- Prayer for a job and a brighter future.
-- Please pray R. Deane's legal problems are resolved and he stays out of jail. Glory to God!
-- Pray for that poor girl Kelly, as she is having a tough time. Pray for the state of the world we all will need it. God bless you!!
-- Bunny: God's provision for an income. Home is in foreclosure, law firm fighting it, waiting for Binder and Binder to win SS disability for me.
-- Keith J.
-- A $200 loan so I can restock my jewelry making supplies and start supporting myself again.
-- Shonta: Pray for me getting my baby back, getting a job, and a stable place.
-- Victor M. D.
-- Please pray that the state appoints me as guardian for my fiance.
-- Napoleon P.
-- Don W.: Employment, housing.
-- Michael B.: Lotto
-- Ricardo R.: My wish is I am able to find a job.
-- My prayer request is that I get stable enough to get my son back this year. Also that I pass my quiz tomorrow, and my test on Tuesday.
-- Stanley J.: I wish I can get my back together.
-- Sharon P.: I need prayer for my family and my financial future, and my overall health.
-- Fawna's cancer
-- Tony C.
-- I have an Astrovan (but I cannot drive it. It needs repairs.) I plan on opening a repair shop. (I repair cars and most anything.) I would like to have your support.
-- Que pasa La migra (passing the INS/immigration)
-- Prayer for my three kids, Jacob, Avan, and Jaqua, that God watches over them.
-- I.H. my name. Theresa P. Pray for me. Thank you very.
-- Theo: My mother-in-law for the loss of her daughter from cancer.
-- That my God bless you all. Please pray for my family and me. Love you.
-- Pray for me to find work and place to live.
-- The things I can't pray for.
-- My name is Savannah. I'm in need of some prayer. Please pray for me and my family. Thank you.
-- God, give me the strength to finish what I started, school. Pray for Felix and I to be happy.
-- For Zachary, Michelle, and Daddy-Robert for health and well-being. For Josephine and Robert C., my mother and father, for health and well-being.
-- Matthew C.
-- Chari: Please pray for me.
-- Please pray that R.D. A. gets promptly into Barc (Broward Addiction Recovery Centers).
-- For family/wife, my mother, brother and sister, for job, place to stay.
-- For Errol A.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment