Friday, December 31, 2010

Prayer Requests 12/30/10

Happy New Year! The prayer requests from this week's Love in Action feeding are below. Thank you for keeping our guests in your prayers.

I read a newspaper article this week about the New Year's Eve Wishing Wall in New York's Times Square. People who visit the Wishing Wall are invited to write their wishes on scraps of paper, then post them to the wall. At midnight on New Year's Eve, these wishes for 2011 will be added to the confetti that flutters down in Times Square, blanketing the people below.

I couldn't help thinking how different that is from lifting up a prayer. I sit at my computer each week surrounded by all these little scraps of paper upon which people have scrawled their needs, their hopes, their joys and fears, but these requests are not like confetti floating on the wind. Because unlike wishes, prayers have a direction. They seek God's purpose for our lives.

Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear.
Isaiah 65:24

I'm so grateful these prayer requests aren't merely confetti dropping from a high-rise window! Because we need to be transformed from the inside out and from top to toes. And wishes won't get us there.

We are so grateful for your prayers for this ministry! Please ask for us to be renewed this new year, always seeking God's counsel, and for us to serve effectively as His hands and feet in the lives of the homeless and needy in our community, reflecting back the love and forgiveness He has first shown us.

Blessings to you for a healthy 2011,
Erika

-- The father of Jon's best friend from childhood died on Christmas Eve, and Jon asks us to please pray for the Mercado family as they grieve and try to pick up the pieces and move on. Please pray that they look to God to meet their earthly and spiritual needs.
-- For Smitty and his daughter as they rebuild their relationship.
-- For Dave's killer to be found, brought to justice, and made whole.
-- For neglected and abused animals and those who rescue them.
-- For Tino to choose recovery.
-- For Gypsy's new job.
-- For Richard, who is faithful and waiting.
-- For healing for Scott.
-- For all our volunteers who are struggling.
-- For everyone reading these words.
-- Robert
-- For Brad and his kids. For Brad to become well enough to be a father to them.
-- My son, Ethan Michael G. Any prayer please.
-- Please pray for my mom and dad, Tom and Lana.
-- Claudia and Tallahassee: Tammy lose weight, get well. Eloise N.'s fingers get well, walk. Ann car. Darryl money, blessing, gain weight.
-- Fawna's cancer
-- Carl and Richard: A home and a job.
-- G.G.D.
-- Robert: wife, brother, a job, a place to stay.
-- John B.: New job, new life in Christ, housing.
-- To sister Cathy, the only left with me. For all D's family.
-- Douglas: Dear Almighty God, no one would help me in my trouble time. No church or organization. I need a right now bless.
-- Errol: Blessed my not have cancer. To help me get my business started.
-- Morris H. Jr.: I want you to pray for Elizabeth H., she lost her job and is seeking employment. I pray for a closer walk with Jesus and to bless all the saints of God, the orphans, elderly, rehab center, the homeless throughout the world.
-- Pray for Tonia S. and the children for success in all levels of their lives.
-- S.A.: Pray for my family and my two kids.
-- Support for President Obama and his policies. Wayne says hello to Pery.
-- Pray for my wife Jennifer K. and my kids Marteniuz, Macy, Aaliyah, Junior, and Zachary.
-- My prayer is for discernment, wisdom, understanding and patience. I pray that I may be a blessing to others. I pray for forgiveness from those that I have offended or wronged. In Jesus' name!
-- God bless Pery!
-- Larry: For myself and families and a better job.
-- Abraham: Please pray for all people, especially the homeless. Please pray for me.
-- Robert J.: I pray for my family and for a job. Come back to the church and to get off alcohol and drug.
-- Help us get our kids back.
-- Gabe to be healed from cancer. Danielle and Andrew, clarity for the will of God. Housing, schooling, financial breakthrough.
-- Ricky
-- Michael/Shamona: For the new year, I would like for you to pray for my family.
-- Tony A., Midge A., Emma A., Grace A., Bridget A. God bless my brother and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment