Friday, January 8, 2010

Prayer Requests 1/7/10

Broward County homeless shelters are reporting their highest occupancy rates in a decade because of the record cold we're experiencing and the increasing number of homeless people on our streets. About 325 people stayed at the county's shelters on Tuesday night when temperatures dropped to freezing. And there is no count on the number of people who remain unsheltered in the cold.

When we turn the heat up, or pile on another blanket, or don our winter coats, let's not forget those without a home of their own to take refuge in, without a blanket or a coat, or without shelter of any kind. This weekend is projected to be the coldest yet, and we must pray mightily for all of our street friends to take shelter if possible and be safe.

With sadness, I also note that two homeless people have died in the Fort Lauderdale area since my last e-mail. One, Robert Lee Merritt, was 28 years old and drowned in the New River on New Year's Eve while drinking with his friends. The other, a man who went by the nickname "Oklahoma," was found near Hollywood's Young Circle, dead of exposure to the cold. Please pray for their families and friends, all those who loved them and lost them too soon.
Blessings, Erika

This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. – Psalms 34:6

-- This is more like a thank you rather than a request. After countless times of asking you to pray that I find employment, finally your prayers and mine have been materialized through me finding stable employment. Thank you! Sincerely, Floyd
-- For Scott to do things God's way and to thrive physically, mentally, and spiritually.
-- For Nick, may God light a path upon his feet for him to follow.
-- Please pray for continued strength for Ronnie B., and for him to continue to yield to God's will for his life. Praise God for putting him back on the
right path!
-- Pray for the homeless, hungry, neglected and abused animals.
-- Sherrell S.: Job!!!
-- Job, happiness, health and peace
-- Dear Lord, my prayer is that you keep my family happy, safe, and successful.
-- Jeffrey: Job and good health.
-- Robert S.: Job, lottery. God bless Erika and her family.
-- Help to stay clean and sober.
-- I thank you, God, in the name of Jesus. I love you, God.
-- Pray for clarity for God's divine plan/will for me .... provision, job/income .... success in education and God's ministry.
-- Mom, Dad, Carrie, Cece, Caren, Kerby, Kelly, Scott, D. and Dillon. God, I love you.
-- Pray for my grandmother and my dad's family. And the brothers and sisters in the household of faith, and the less fortunate.
-- That God gives Dareo and Quonisha a job, and God gives us an apartment that my PO agrees with. I'm on probation and it's not easy to find a place to live, and bless this church for the many lives that are changed here.
-- Brandy B. and Edward D. need prayer for money and jobs. Also just pray for Jamie F.
-- God will make the world wiser and more loving. Heal me and help me.
-- Carl and Richard: A job and a home.
-- For health, strength, and prosperity in the new year and continuing.
-- Cheryl W.: During the month I need to get different places. I would like to request a bus pass for the week or month.
-- Eric: I need a job. I have a 6-month old baby whose name I don't know, but I want to be able to buy stuff for my baby like a crib.
-- Ronnie and Debra need a blessing of $1,500.00 dollars to move back into our house. God bless you with this important matters.
-- David F.: Bless me to get a job and stay on God's path, not by my will but by God's will through Jesus Christ. Amen
-- I pray for my mom, dad, grandmother and grandfather who are resting in peace, our country, world, and the globe.
-- Vale: Bless my mom and me and my new girlfriend.
-- That the world economy changes for the better and I can finish school, find a job, and have some peace in life.
-- For my daughter Zoe and my wife Tara and me. God bless. Jesus bless.
-- For my son Kingsley to make it home safe. He's been gone since Monday morning and we haven't seen him since. Also please pray for my son John, who is entering Job Corps next week and needs to make the most of it so he can have a future.
-- Lonny S.
-- Fawna's cancer
-- Howard: In need of bike and work.
-- I want my lady to be safe.
-- Pray to find some work and a place to live.
-- Errol A. W.: I want to pray for my family and friends to have a happy new year and be blessed in their lives. I want God to bless me with a one hundred dollar to take care of my business.
-- Luis E.: I don't want to drink anymore.
-- Kevin T.: Blessing and the will of God for my life.
-- Mike B.: Job
--Michael: Pray for my two children and let me get a call for a job and please let me have peace of mind.
-- Greg wants a job.
-- Pray that I, Claudia B., have a home for me and my baby and no one able to put anything at all into my baby body or make any hole in my baby body or mine.
-- World peace
-- Jack Elvis L.: Well it's my birthday. Just wonder who cares.
-- All the children of Israel. Please, special prayer for all the blessings of Jesus Christ for H. Thompson/M. Franklin.
-- BT, BW, DW, TL, RL, PT

No comments:

Post a Comment