Saturday, June 4, 2011

Prayer Requests 6/2/11

The prayer requests from this week's Love in Action feeding are below.

Perhaps some of you saw this "60 Minutes" segment about homeless children in Central Florida that aired in March, but I just watched it for the first time yesterday and was very moved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3rkgrvmbBU&feature=related. It got me thinking about urgency versus complacency.

"Acedia" is the Latin word used in the original list of the Seven Deadly Sins, and it means spiritual apathy or discouragement. Because of acedia, we neglect to do things we should be doing. Our inaction is fueled by a mistaken sense that there's no rush — there's plenty of time to respond to God's call later.

We don't hear much about "acedia" nowadays, but we certainly experience it. My prayer for our community is that we will have an increased sense of urgency about relieving the suffering around us. Instead of becoming overwhelmed by the needs in our midst, we can be empowered by the Holy Spirit to become perpetual instruments of compassion and servanthood. The Bible tells us there is not time for discouragement, nor reason for it.

Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Thank you for keeping this ministry and its guests in your prayers!
Blessings,
Erika

-- For Dave's killer to be found, brought to justice, and made whole.
-- For Bianca and her family
-- Wendy, Peanut, Shy’ann & Kamaurry
-- For Charlotte, Ed, Jacques Pierre, Robert, Brad, Lance, Kelly, Shante, Shamona, Scott, Tino, Tony, Keith, Smitty, Steve, Dennis, Brieanna, Willie Mae, Carl, Kayla, Lorenzo, Lenox, Lance.
-- For neglected and abused animals and their caregivers.
-- For the well-being of all of LIA's volunteers
-- For Kevin and his family, grieving the death of Kevin's mother
-- For Randy, whose depression caused him to hurt himself.
-- For Rocky to get employment and keep working his program.
-- For Richie and Roger, who have each been in the hospital battling cancer.
-- From Mom Rose B. I'm asking God to keep a shield of protection around my three children. Also, I have a neighbor across from me that keeps picking at me. Help me, this man is bad. Pray for him.
-- Pray that my eye surgery on Monday goes well.
-- Pray for everyone.
-- Thank you, Lord, for thinking about us. I promise I will follow you even though the trails are tough. Let us be. I thank Erika for writing this to you for me. Let's pray your word becomes the food of our life.
-- I need prayer for me.
-- Jimmy
-- Work/job in kitchen or handyman.
-- Shawn: Rid me forever of my addiction so that I can be a better person to myself, daughter and family.
-- My prayer request is to get to know Christ, live as he wants me to. And live in his kingdom. And to get me a home. Prayerfully, Kenny B.
-- Family and friends
-- I would like to release all imagined problems.
-- Darin W.: Need a job and a place to stay!!
-- Please pray for Willie J.'s left leg.
-- Please pray for my friends Laura (happiness), Michell (job), Brian (to get along), Hillary (love). Thanks.
-- Delores P.: Deliverance from smoking.
-- Reynold O.
-- Aaron W.: Need prayer, healing prayer.
-- I pray this country recovers again.
-- Dear God, I'm still waiting for a job, and I pray you bless my kids. And Jessica with her problems. I also pray that our unborn child wouldn't have to suffer for our habits. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
-- Health and prosperity for Peter.
-- James: Pray for me.
-- Dear God, please pray for me. R.G.
-- For mom.
-- Don W.: Return to previous employment. Health concerns.
-- Save me from the evil ones.
-- Kevin: For one of my housemates who thinks all that he wants is his. P.S. Let him stop being so greedy.
-- David O.: I pray that God changes my life through better choices and better people. I thank God for His grace and His mercy.
-- Robert J. and family: My family and me, that I can get a full-time job, get off this street, so I can start taking care of my family. And I pray that God come to my life and change me!
-- Michele: Lord, I ask that you be with me at this interview tomorrow.
-- My family, my unborn child. Jr. the man I love and father of my child. More hope and opportunities.
-- Almon: Jesus, I say to you stay with me, please. Thank you.
-- Hillary C.: Health for my family and Zoe, relationship with man, love, success in getting our lives together.
-- Pray for St. James for the Spirit of the Lord!
-- Please God, Larry not to go to jail, to stay at home.
-- Guy C.: For shelter and work.
-- For Joseph B., for clear direction, guidance, doors for a home to open. Thank you kindly.
-- Frederick E.: I need deliverance from a life of demonic possession.
-- Matthew C.: To be blessed with money and my own apartment. In the name of Jesus.
-- Patrick A. L.: Please grant me the serenity prayer and bless the heavens up above and for me.
-- Keep my kids safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment