Friday, August 20, 2010

Prayer Requests 8/19/10

The prayer requests from this week's Love in Action feeding are included below.

As all of you probably know by now, we are mourning the loss of our faithful volunteer Dave Montney, whose life was cut short in such a violent manner last week. I feel it would be irresponsible not to ask you all to view the surveillance video released by the BSO today. The video has a close-up of a person who is wanted for questioning in Dave's murder. While it is unlikely that any of us actually knows this person, SOMEONE out there knows him and can identify him. So I'm using this forum to ask for your help in sharing the video with anyone you think could possibly help. The Sun-Sentinel has more information and the video at: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/pompano-beach/fl-montney-murder-surveillance-20100820,0,6279785.story .

Most importantly, this week we celebrate Dave's life and service to others. He was, as Pastor Phil said, "amazing and unremarkable," and we were all blessed to be able to serve alongside him, pray with him, and pray for him. Please join us for Dave's memorial on Sunday, Aug. 22nd at 2 p.m. in the gym at Christ Church in Ft. Lauderdale.

This world can be a dark place. So many people are so lost, and there is so much violence and unnecessary suffering. But Jesus came to be a light in this world, and because of him, we don't have to remain in darkness. We are called to share that light with the world.

Thank you for your friendship, for your faithful service, for your support, and for your prayers. You are all in my prayers, also.
Blessings,
Erika

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.' " John 8:12

-- For Dave Montney and all those who cared about and loved him.
-- For the person who killed Dave.
-- For Kathy's complete healing
-- For Tino in jail
-- For Nina's cancer and treatment
-- For healing for Scott
-- For Kelly, relief from pain
-- Calvin L.: I want to get my own house.
-- Katherine T.: Tremendous help with everything from the Almighty.
-- Nitaya: I need prayer for his will to be done.
-- Donald D.: For mom, brother and sisters & nieces and nephews, thank you.
-- I need a job so I can get money to pay my rent, my name is Brian.
-- Char: Please pray for my safety.
-- Thank you, Jesus, for everything.
-- For Janet H. and Sean O., that we both get a place together and off the street.
-- Shadow: Pray for the health of my family and myself.
-- Kenneth B.: Strength, grace, mercy and His everlasting love.
-- Michele: Please pray in order for me to get this job. Thy will be done – Amen
-- Pray for me to find work and a place to live.
-- Health, security and financial independence.
-- I pray that everyone takes a shower.
-- Mark W.: I would like prayer for continued employment, good health and to deliver me from every evil. P.S. I would also like prayer for my family.
-- E.N.: Health
-- Wendell: Stability in my life. A job and a stable home.
-- World peace and to live to 21.
-- God will find me a job and bless my family and friends.
-- Neil E.: To recover from heart surgery.
-- Thank you.
-- For Sean O., that God will lead and guide us and keep us safe from all heart harm and danger.
-- Calandra G., Megan Y. (U.S. Army, Germany), Jayden F.
-- Pray for Samuel S., for S. and a job to come, thank you.
-- Goraco M. H.: I’m on the street. I need to get in the HAC.
-- Joseph K. needs help.
-- Errol W.: Help with healing.
-- Alfred H: Please pray for everything to get myself right with God, get my life right.
-- Please pray for my boyfriend that’s in jail and for me who’s expecting a baby. I want him to know, I love and care for him unconditionally and for a healthy baby, thank you. Amen
-- R.V.: Stop doing crack. Get job and home, please.
-- God bless everyone. God bless David. Families in this crisis.
-- Stephen F.: Ask the Lord to help me live, thank you, Jesus.
-- Varissa W.: Deliverance of my will – I was recently saved and pray to stay in God’s will daily to live like I am created to live – Godly. Amen
-- Fawna’s cancer
-- Health, strength, happiness and my new relationship. Bless and keep my baby safe.
-- Pray for Kathy to recover and come back to us.
-- My name is Savannah. I’m coming to you tonight to ask may you pray for me and my boyfriend Bartholomew that our lives will be better and that God can bless us.
-- Nathan L.: For protection, successful school completion.
-- Tiffany
-- Napoleon P.
-- Please Lord, help me to get my SSI so that I can help my mom.
-- Pray for the church and for Rob.
-- Dear Lord, please help me this week, thank you.
-- Ron Y., Jayden F., Megan Y.
-- Please pray for me (Stan). I’ve really been struggling with my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment