Friday, January 1, 2010

Prayer Requests 12/31/09

Happy New Year!!! In his e-mail message this week, Pastor Phil at Christ Church shared John Wesley's "Covenant Prayer." It is a powerful prayer to lift up, and I'd like to share it here:

I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.

Please pray for this ministry to yield all things to God and be put to what He would have us be doing. Pray for us to be renewed this new year, always seeking His counsel. And pray for us to effectively be His hands and feet in serving the homeless and needy, reflecting back the love and forgiveness He shows all of us.

Thank you for keeping this ministry and its guests in your prayers!
Blessings for a healthy 2010,
Erika

-- For Scott, who is in the hospital and may lose his eye from an infection. Pray for him to begin doing things God's way.

-- Please pray for my kids who live in Canada.

-- Please pray for prosperity and mercy in the new year for family and friends.

-- Pray that I get my life in order ASAP.

-- Pray for the President. That more people become part of a church congregation and the problem with true belief.

-- Errol: To get a better job and to make some money to help get my life together. To get the money for my license — $100.

-- Pray that I find some work.

-- Hot weather, good health and better money for all.

-- Jeffrey: A job and a home.

-- Bless all the Lord’s creatures small and big — the homeless, neglected, abused. Please pray that they be fed and warm in a home and taken care of. We have been given the dimensions so it is our responsibility to take care of them.

-- Want to get a place to live and sleep with a roof over my head and a new job where I can make enough to pay my bills.

-- Pray for Don that he will stay on the right track.

-- Ronnie & Debra: Need God’s blessings for our house to open back up then we wouldn’t be homeless.

-- Alphonso: Please pray for me to get my food stamps and a job, thank you.

-- For God to bless me with a better year. Thank you and God bless you.

-- For Louis S. who is in bad health in hospital, thank you.

-- To be drug free.

No comments:

Post a Comment