Friday, October 2, 2009

Prayer Requests 10/1/09

This Thursday was a very special night for the Love in Action ministry — we had a wedding!

Kayla and Lorenzo were married by Pastor Fawn Mikel in the sanctuary in place of our regular service before dinner. The bride and groom looked lovely, and it was a beautiful and very moving service. Pastor Heather Collver was the photographer, Darlene Jones played the wedding music, our volunteer Teresa sang, Pery was a witness/groomsman .... There was a bridal bouquet of red roses and a gorgeous wedding cake. And of course, cupcakes for all our guests following dinner! I'll be posting photos on the blog later this weekend, so be sure to check them out.

But I wanted to share with you what Kayla said about getting married at Hope Central. She told me she'd been sad about not being able to have a big formal wedding with "real" guests, and then she thought about the Parable of the Wedding Banquet from the New Testament.

Matthew 22:8-10

8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Kayla said, "God told me, 'These people are my kings and queens. They are valuable to me, they just don't know it yet.' " What a powerful message!

Please pray for this beautiful couple as they begin a new life together. They're leaving town this weekend for Texas, where Lorenzo hopes to find employment in construction.

This wedding was a chance to celebrate with real joy and hope for the future, and we are grateful to Kayla and Lorenzo for sharing it with all of us — especially in the face of the unanswered needs and hopelessness of many of our guests.

We know our hope is in Jesus Christ; please pray for each of us to effectively share that hope with those we serve. We want to be reflections of His love, but so often we fall short. The needs are great and the stakes are high.

Thank you for being one of our prayer warriors!
~ Erika

-- For Kayla and Lorenzo, as they start a new life together. May they be abundantly blessed!
-- For Robert, who feels desperate for a break and hopeless in the face of red tape. He wants a job and a place to stay.
-- For Brad, who was spiraling out of control last week and didn't reappear this week.
-- For L.C., he just turned 60 on Thursday and found out the place he's been renting is being foreclosed on. He has to find somewhere to stay immediately; the bank is evicting everyone today.
-- For Scott, who has cancer and isn't getting treatment because his hands are tied by alcoholism. May he be freed so he can fight for his life.
-- For Randy, who is too sick to think coherently but needs healing in every way.
-- For Kelley, to be healed and be well.
-- For Lance, Leon, and Chester, who didn't ask for prayers but need them.
-- Elizbeth H.: Thank you!!
-- S. family. For my mom, dad and brother, and Craig F.
-- Protect/feed/keep safe all the abused and homeless pets and animals/creatures that God created for us to cherish and take care of them.
-- Pray for Bob to get a job. Thank you.
-- I need a bus pass!!!
-- I know Jesus loves me. I just don't understand why I'm homeless. I can work, am willing to work and can't get help.
-- Pray that the Lord God will not forsake me and will help me to change my situation. My name is Floyd P. Thank you.
-- Rodney P.: God, cause your face to shine upon us, and give us grace. Heal the sick, deliver the poor and destitute. Bless us all, in Jesus name.
-- I pray that everyone will find Jesus and accept Him as their Savior! I love Jesus! Amen
-- Robert B.: Family, mother, brother, sister, wife, a job, a place to stay, financial blessing.
-- Elvis: Yes, for you all and my family home in Memphis and children Hanna and Jonathan. God bless.
-- Earl F.
-- Let all of my identification be replaced. Wallet was stolen.
-- I pray for my family and me, that we have a better life for me and my family. In God's name, Amen
-- Anthony: I need work, money, and forgiveness of all my sins.
-- God help me quit the alcohol! Amen
-- For safety for my family, for financial problems and a place to stay. My mom and son Jonathan, boyfriend, sister's and brother's families.
-- Roger B.: Pray that my abscess heals fast.
-- Bernece M. .... Thank you.
-- Nation's security and family and friends.
-- Charlotte: Excessive thievery at home. Please pray for me.
-- Fawna's cancer
-- Gregory C.: A closer walk with God.
-- The Lord's prayer
-- Wendell: Work and a stable home.
-- Richard G.: That my children will not resent me for not being there.
-- For our new friend Daniel, safety and health.
-- Sammy R. C.: I request prayer for staying out of jail and on Section 8 housing and in my apartment and pray for Mike.
-- God bless everybody, even the bad, that we all have faith!
-- Charles: Father God, watch over Kelly M. Shine your love on her always.
-- For Linda, Kevin, Joel, Joey, Manifred, Francise, for Lord to set their feet on the path they need to be.
-- Latoiya M.: I need a lot of prayer!!!
-- For James and Kathy S. and John F. For Paul S.
-- Just keep God with me and help through this life.
-- Tabort B. .... thank you.
-- Pray that I get my disability and get the wisdom to serve God better.
-- I need to pray for a job.
-- I need a bus pass!!!
-- Please help E. Bless the married couple, Renzo and Kayla.
-- Bag of $100.00 bills
-- Howard W.: I pray to be financially stable and have all my needs met.
-- Arlene B .... thank you
-- Woodroe M. .... thank you
-- Michel F.
-- For Colin M., recovering from epilepsy.
-- Errol A. W.: God, bless me with a good home and wife! Pray for all my friends and family. Bless me with some money to help me have a home and car. Thank you, God. Help me get a better job. Pray for Tino to get right in his life. Pray for my friend Phil to do the right thing in his life. Pray for my friend Lisa to help overcome problems in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment