Thursday, May 28, 2015

Prayer Requests 5/28/15

The prayer requests from Thursday's Love in Action meal are below.

This week we celebrated the college graduation of our beloved former guest (and current volunteer) Tino. He received his degree in Criminal Justice, with his fiancee Nancy, her family, and several of his Love in Action friends in attendance to see him cross the stage. We were all very moved! More than seven years ago, many of us got to know Tino through his prayers for a better life—prayers that were included with these very prayer requests week after week. Now he is employed, housed, engaged, and happily planning for a new career. Tino is living proof of the power of prayer and the importance of what you all are doing when you pray for our guests by name and need. Thanks be to God!

Thank you, Father, for your blessings in Tino's life. Thank you for using us as your hands and feet here on Earth. We love you!

Blessings,
Erika
Tino and Nancy

Most of all, friends, always rejoice in the Lord! I never tire of saying it: Rejoice! Keep your gentle nature so that all people will know what it looks like to walk in His footsteps. The Lord is ever present with us. Don’t be anxious about things; instead, pray. Pray about everything. He longs to hear your requests, so talk to God about your needs and be thankful for what has come. And know that the peace of God (a peace that is beyond any and all of our human understanding) will stand watch over your hearts and minds in Jesus, the Anointed One.
Philippians 4:4-7 (VOICE)

-- Randy J.: I need toothpaste, brush and deodorant.
-- To keep my bills low. In Jesus name.
-- Pray for me to have a job and to get my family in order and to win a ticket from the store.
-- Jessie D.J.: Please pray for me to get mortgage on my house because I owe back taxes on my house. I have four kids at home, ten kids in all.
-- Reynold, Bettey, Mat
-- Pray for Jay, for deliverance, healing and shelter.
-- Pray that God blesses all these people.
-- I would like everyone to pray to God to intervene with the decision made yesterday to no longer have the tree as a pickup point. People could die as a result of it.
-- Dear Lord, Dear Lord, Dear Lady Mary, Dear Saint Joseph, Dear Holy Spirit. Thank you so much for everything. I love you. I pray for your triumph, victory and contentment. I pray for salvation, world peace and happiness. Glory and praise be unto you forever. Hosanna in the highest! Amen and Hallelujah!
-- Dear Jesus, please fight my battle and take care of your daughter who has been ridiculed and hurt by this lady for no reason. Thank you, Jesus.
-- My name is Geraldine aka Geri. Please pray with me about a good job and a place to stay with my four kids. Thank you!
-- Juanita: No one cares about me. Please heal me, help, show me. If I don't get help soon, I am gonna die. The way to get off these streets. I've been thinking about killing myself. I am homeless, I have cancer. Live for what? So other homeless get to hurt me. No money. I can't handle anymore. I am gonna die. It's my only way off these streets. I am really going to die, can't do this or hold on any longer. I thank you kind people. Other people only care about hurting me.
-- Lord, I pray your healing on our sister Kimmy. Draw her close to you as she struggles through a life of addiction and self-inflicted pain. Allow her to see a life with you of joy, happiness and purpose.
-- For Tino, many continued blessings.
-- For Ashley and her daughter Trinity.
-- For all those who loved and cared for Jill, please comfort them and bring them peace.
-- For Dave's killer to be found, brought to justice, and made whole. For the police department to continue to give attention and effort to solving the case. Please pray that this case will not just fall through the cracks.
-- For Gypsy and Turtle.
-- For the health of our volunteers. 
-- For Bianca and her family.
-- For Lennox, Wolf, Smitty, L.C., Jamalle, Tino, Richard, Kevin, Lori, Kayla and Lorenzo, Lou, Jon K., April, Pery, Debbie, Sister Pat, Erika.
-- For Wendy, Peanut, Shy’ann & Kamaurry 
-- For Charlotte, Ed, Jacques, Robert, Brad, Lance, Kelly, Shante, Shamona, Randy, Richie, Roger, Scott, Tony, Keith, Gary, Steve, Dennis, Brieanna, Carl, Rocky, Red, Johnny, Angel, Brian.
-- For neglected and abused animals and their caregivers. For Nina.
-- For all of LIA's volunteers; help us be quick to listen, slow to speak.
-- Thank you, Father, for the hands and hearts of the Love in Action volunteers. Thank you for the generous giving of our donors. Thank you for the way the members of our ministry use their gifts to lovingly care for our guests. Thank you for loving us.

No comments:

Post a Comment